Fixing Olinuxino A13 Dev board hardware VGA problems
Back in July, I ordered one of the early versions of the Olinuxino A13 board since it seemed very cool: powerful, open hardware, easily to solder and develop derivative products from it...
These are some pictures I took while I was fixing my board.
The Olinuxino A13, in all its beauty.
A closeup of the place where the hack needs to be done. This is as the original board was.
Here I just cut out the track from R19.
Just removed R42
Transistor soldered over R19 and R42 pads. I used a 2N7002P,215 which I got from mouser a while ago.
Here I soldered a tiny wire to the gate of the transistor.
The other side of the wire has been soldered to RM14, 4th output on the top.
Tiny 0402 1K Ohms resistor soldered between pin 19 and 20 of the U5 component.
The finished hack with some tape to not risk removing the wire.
It works! A full review soon.