Using FreeIMU or the FreeIMU library in a research project? Please let me know!
I'm currently writing a paper for TEI 2013 about the FreeIMU and the FreeIMU library as well as all the prototyping they enable.
The FreeIMU has been already used in quite some nice research/educational projects! Here are some:
- Enrico Calore et al. used FreeIMU to detect and correct horizon and keystone distortions due to improper camera orientation
- My own research group used FreeIMU during the prototyping of PALLA, a spherical input device which will be officially presented at Fun and Games 2012.
- Werner Reifberger and Christoph Brüller, students at University of Applied Sciences - Upper Austria, are working on a completely immersive virtual reality gaming experience, supported also by FreeIMU. Check out this very cool video.
- John Patillo, a college teacher from USA, used FreeIMU as prototyping base for his smart skelethon, an interactive skelethon capable of showing muscles and bones movement on a computer.
- My friends at KiteGen are using FreeIMU, to prototype automatic kite controlling in their kite based generator.
So, are you using FreeIMU in a research project? Please let me know! I'll be happy to cite your work in my paper! You can reach me on my mail: fvaresano [at] yahoo [dot] it